Want to Purchase a Practice?
By Megan Urban, Practice Transition Advisor
Want to purchase a dental practice? Here is a basic starting To-Do List to get you going!
– Where do you want to practice and where will you and your family be happy?
– Get your last 3 years of personal tax returns together.
– Gather your debt details: student loan, credit card, mortgage, etc.
– Start to look at your current production, or if you are in public health, monitor your procedure frequency report.
Talk with a transition specialist that can guide you through the process. They will look at some or all the following items in detail with you:
– Select a dental-specific attorney, bank, and CPA.
– Assist you to understand details of the practice, such as active patient count, expenses, insurance participation, recare, procedures completed and those referred out, potential marketing, cash flow, and due diligence in general.